Let’s be honest. One of the hardest parts of dieting is missing out on your favourite foods: snacks, desserts, and so on. It can make someone want to quit their diet, or at a minimum, they might cheat and springboard back on the weight. Hence why 65% of people who successfully complete a diet gain all of their weight back(1)* .
But, there is a fix. You simply have to learn how to cook delicious healthy keto-friendly meals. In this article, I’m going to teach you how to cook for every meal of the day. They taste so good you won’t believe they’re keto!
You wake up, stretch, and head to the kitchen. What’s to eat? While before keto people might eat buttered toast, bacon, and eggs, things are different now. You need to watch your carbs. Just like the amazing meals found in apps like the Ultimate Keto recipe and meal plan software, here’s a tasty blueberry pancake recipe.
● 4 eggs
● 7 oz. of cottage cheese
● 1 tbsp of ground psyllium husk powder
● 2 oz. of butter or coconut oil
● 2 oz. of fresh berries
● 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1. Add the eggs, psyllium husk, and cottage cheese to a medium-sized bowl and stir together. Let the mixture sit for five to ten minutes to thicken.
2. Heat up oil or butter in a non-stick pan. Fry the pancake mixture on low-medium heat for three to four minutes. Each side should be golden brown.
3. Whip cream in a separate bowl until there are soft peaks.
4. Plate the pancakes with whipped cream and berries on top.
Noon rolls around and that means lunchtime. This is one of my favourite times of the day to eat a healthy delicious keto meal and take on the rest of the day. Try out this keto-friendly salmon lunch recipe or get inspiration with a keto meal plan and recipe maker like Ultimate Keto.
● 1½ lbs of salmon
● 1 egg
● ½ yellow onion
● 1 tsp of salt
● ½ tsp of pepper
● 2 oz. of butter
● 1 lb fo broccoli
● 5 oz. of butter
● 2 oz. of grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 220°F (100°C). Cut the salmon into small pieces and place the other burger ingredients into a food processor.
2. Pulse for 30 seconds until the mixture is coarse.
3. Shape five burgers and fry them for four to five minutes on each side with medium heat. Use a generous amount of butter or oil. Keep these warm in the over when finished.
4. Trim, peel, and chop broccoli into small pieces.
5. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli until soft. Drain and blend with parmesan cheese.
6. Serve the salmon burgers with a side of green mash. Top with salt, pepper, and lemon.
Pasta for dinner? Yep! This is a go-to for many people on the keto diet who still want to enjoy pasta while remaining in ketosis and losing weight. Note that you can still have too many carbs from low-carb meals. That’s where supplementing with a ketogenic supplement like KetosisNOW helps out so much. It helps promote blood ketones and keeps you in ketosis despite eating carbohydrates. Back to the recipe, though.
● 4 eggs
● 6 egg yolks
● ¾ cup of water
● 2 tbsp of olive oil
● ½ cup of ground psyllium husk powder
● 4 tbsp of coconut flour
● 1½ tsp of salt
Chicken and veggies
● 8 oz. of bacon
● 2 lbs of chicken breasts
● 1 of tbsp butter
● 5 oz. of sliced mushrooms
● 1 sliced red bell pepper
● salt and ground black pepper
● 1¼ cups of heavy whipping cream
● ¾ cup of whole milk
● 3 oz. of shredded parmesan cheese
● 4 minced garlic cloves
● 4 tbsp of green pesto
● salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Set the oven to 300°F (150°C). Whisk eggs and yolks until fluffy. Add water and olive oil.
2. Mix with dry ingredients and whisk into the egg batter. Let the mixture sit for seven minutes before stirring.
3. Spread batter onto sheets of parchment and place plastic wrap over top.
4. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for ten minutes. Let it cool and roll the pasta into logs and cut into thin strips.
5. Fry bacon until crispy in a frying pan on high heat then set aside.
6. Cut chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and fry over medium heat.
7. Fry peppers and mushrooms in the same frying pan until they are soft.
8. Bring cream and milk to boil in a saucepan. Star in the parmesan, garlic, and pasta. Let simmer until creamy.
9. Mix the pasta with the vegetables and pour the sauce on top. Toss and serve!
It’s easy to miss delicious snacks and desserts like ice cream, cake, and cookies on a ketogenic diet. Luckily, with the right ingredients and recipes like the one found below, dieters can still enjoy things like chocolate chip cookies!
● 1 cup of almond flour
● ¼ tsp of baking soda
● ¼ tsp of cream of tartar (optional)
● ¼ tsp of salt
● 1⁄3 cup of erythritol
● 2½ oz. of unsalted butter, softened
● 1 large egg
● 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
● 1 oz. of sugar-free baking chocolate chips
1. Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
2. Combine granulated sweetener and melted butter using a mixer in a sperate bowl. Add egg, vanilla, and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and mix together.
3. Place the cookie dough on plastic wrap or parchment paper. Shape the dough into circles and wrap the plastic wrap around the dough and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet and gently press down on each slice to flatten. Bake for eight to ten minutes until golden on edges.
6. Set cookies aside to cool for fifteen minutes and enjoy!
Dieting isn’t easy or quick. One of the biggest struggles for people on the keto diet is that they don’t eat foods they know or think they can only eat boring bland meals. This is far from the furth.
With the right meal plans and recipes, keto-friendly meals can taste just as good or better than traditional ones. Ultimate Keto includes over 300 easy-to-follow keto recipe videos to help you quickly make delicious meals. Or, try the fun recipes I shared in today’s article to spice up your diet.
Subscribe to our newsletter and recieve fresh content about keto diet
Start a website - More info